So you’re new to This is an IT Support Group…
This is a primer for Facebook users who have just joined our Facebook group.
WTF Is an IT Support Group?
I often hear the following:
“Is it like…a group for getting IT Support or a group for IT professionals to get support?”
The answer is yes, both.
Our group started when I was clicking around through IT Facebook Groups and noticed that one of the larger ones declined to give answers to support questions. They’d proudly declare “This IS NOT A SUPPORT GROUP” – well why wasn’t there one? This is an IT Support Group was born and I began tagging it in comments and groups.
This is an IT Support Group is a place for IT professionals to get help with technical issues, career advice and generally commiserate and bond via memes.
We aren’t a consumer group and general tech advice for iPads, Xboxes and other devices is frowned upon.
We welcome anyone who is interested in IT.
You just joined This is an IT Support Group – what’s next?
Feel free to post within the group introducing yourself
- Who are you?
- What do you do?
- Why did you join?
- What do you want to get out of this?
- What kind of people are you trying to connect with?
- Anything else that makes you awesome
Let’s keep it simple.
- Be Kind and Courteous
Treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.
- No Self-Promotion or Spam
Give more than you take to this group. Self-promotion, spam and irrelevant links aren’t allowed. It’s okay to share what you’re working on and ask for feedback, but not sales.
Maximize Your Membership
- Sign up for our Weekly Email and Salary Survey – you’ll get over 500 responses from real IT professionals globally on Salary Data, Location and hot certifications. Additionally, we’ll send out group highlights and IT news from the week.
- Network within our community. We’ve got over 34,000 smart IT professionals from around the globe. You never know who you’ll meet or what doors could unlock!
- Keep an eye on events within the group. We bring on experts and vendors within IT to talk about everything from IT career advice to security and ransomware.
- Check out this blog, we regularly feature members and IT news and career advice here.